The Florida Department of Health in St. Lucie County is the lead agency on vaccine distribution in our area. The City of Port St. Lucie and St. Lucie County are supporting the Florida Department of Health's efforts to distribute the COVID-19 vaccine to our residents and sharing available information. Vaccines are being distributed by the state to the Florida Department of Health in St. Lucie County.
The City and County are making every effort to share the information we receive from the state with our residents. We encourage residents to sign up for Alert St. Lucie at www.stlucieco.gov/alert and follow the City’s COVID-19 webpage www.cityofpsl.com/covidfor future updates.
Watch St. Lucie County's March 26 2021 COVID-19/Vaccine Update here
· As of March 18, 2021, the Florida Department of Health in St. Lucie County has administered 120,790 doses of vaccine. Of those, 47,280 have completed a two-dose series.
· There will be a second-dose clinic on March 29, 30, 31, at the Havert L. Fenn Center for those who received their first shot on March 8, 9 or 10 at the Fenn Center, located at 2000 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, FL 34982 . Please return at the same time block as your first dose for this second dose and bring your COVID-19 vaccine record card, a valid ID and a completed consent form.
· The Florida Department of Health in St. Lucie County is hosting a 1st DOSE COVID vaccine event on April 6, 7 at the Havert L. Fenn Center. This is a walk-through event. Please click on the link HERE to select a date and time. Make sure to read the instructions completely before you select a date.
· The City of Fort Pierce in partnership with the State of Florida announces the opening of a long-term COVID-19 vaccination site at the Fort Pierce Recreation Center, located at 903 S. 21st Street. March 22 from 1 to 7 p.m., the site is offering Pfizer vaccines on a first-come, first-serve basis. No appointment or registration is required. Starting Tuesday, March 23, the site will be opened 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week. The site has the capacity to administer approximately 200 Pfizer vaccines per day.
· On March 25, 2021, Governor Ron DeSantis announced new eligibility guidelines for COVID-19 vaccinations in Florida. Beginning Monday, March 29, all individuals age 40 and older will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Beginning the following Monday, April 5, all individuals age 18 and older will be eligible to receive the vaccine.
For tips about where to go to register for a vaccine,
please visit the “How to Get A Shot” drop down menu here.